Our Curriculum Choices ...
Before I share what we will be using, I want you guys to know that the girls use all of the same curriculum. This has worked for us for the past few years because it allows my oldest daughter to continue to do fun learning activities while challenging my youngest daughter. They have different personalities and it would be rather easy for them to fall into their comfort zones if I didn't use their differences to strengthen one another.
- Community Bible Study
- Devotional book
- Online bible study materials
Grammar/ Language Arts:
- Christian Light Language Arts (3 &5)
- Fix- It Grammar Book 1
- Spelling You See (G for oldest daughter)
- New American Cursive (youngest daughter)
- Trail Guide to U. S. Geography (we have been faithfully working through this book for a few years)
- Notgrass America the Beautiful ( as we near completion of this program I will write a review about our experience because history has been a hard subject for me to plan for in the past)
- African/ Black American History (this will be intermingled into all of our history and geography studies)
- Master Books Science Starters : Elementary Chemistry and Physics (a review about this curriculum is coming soon)
- Living books that peak the girls' interests
- Latina Christiana 1
- Sign Language (it's been awhile since we have used this skill so we will delve back into learning to speak with our hands)
- ARTistic Pursuits Elementary Book 2 and Intermediate Book 1
How is your home school planning going thus far? Are you trying out any new curriculum?
©2009- 2015 A Little This... A Little That. All rights reserved. All photographs, text, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author. http://lilthisandthat.com