This year we were blessed to be able to travel nearly 1,000 miles by car to visit Vic's side of the family. It was fun times for all. Although we planned this last Thanksgiving, his parents had no idea. Oh neither did the girls, we told them the Wednesday before we left.
Highlights of our trip:
- Mom's reaction to seeing us in her room. I recorded it, but promised I would not share it on the blog. It was priceless.
- Dad's reaction to seeing his eldest son (he was a surprise too). He was hilarious. If only you guys could see him jumping up in down as if he won the lottery.
- The attachment Ramya showed to her uncle whom she met for the first time last week.
- Watching Dania interact with her cousins. They were 8 months, 2, and 3 the last time they saw each other.
- Seeing familiar family and meeting some new family
- Being with all of the siblings. It was the first time in nine years for all of Vic and his siblings to be together.
Actually the ride over was a good time. We didn't plan much just enjoyed looking at the scenery. On the way back Ramya said, "I like this." I asked her what did she mean by this, and she replied, "Being in the car together like this."